In the Fall of 2023 Devil’s Party Press will be releasing a new collection of my horror tales called The Pumpkin King: The Collected Horror Stories of R. David Fulcher.
While some of these stories have appeared in the past in other collections and anthologies, this will be the first time my all my horror stories will be consolidated into two volumes.
The first volume, The Pumpkin King, will focus on my traditional horror stories. The second volume, yet to be titled, will focus on my cosmic horror stories. The second volume is scheduled for publication in the Fall of 2024.
Below I’ve provided a small taste (as a vampire would say) of each tale you’ll find in The Pumpkin King. Consider it a little something to whet your appetite (as a zombie might say).
- Marienburg Castle – When the American crew of a B-17 are shot down over Nazi-occupied Germany, they soon learn there is more than the German Army to fear.
- The Pumpkin King – There are rules to Halloween, and consequences to those who break those rules.
- Heavenly Strains – A miasma of dark music summons the dead.
- A Matter of Taste – Mary McKeldin would do anything to cure her son – even the unthinkable.
- My Days with Mahalia – An American bomber crew gets supernatural aid during their missions – at a cost.
- A Night Out with Mr. Bones – A serial killer and his sidekick leave a trail of bodies in their wake.
- Merry Are We of the Lake – A group of suburbanites conduct a dark ritual to rejuvenate their weary souls.
- The Night Fighter – A vampire discovers he has a need for speed.
- Pumpkin Seed Spit – Three children are forever changed after a night of trick-or-treating.
- The Words that Hurt – All couples fight. Sometimes those fights become deadly.
- The Man Next Door – A family learns that there is more to their new neighbor than they realized.
- Extra! Extra! – A tabloid reporter discovers his best story might be his last.
- The Flight Dummy – A man must make a terrible choice at 30,000 feet.
- For the Children – A man races against time to stop a malevolent force stalking local children.
- The Watchman’s Web – A thief on a jewel heist learns that the night watchman is a formidable opponent.
- The Huntress – A beautiful woman blurs the lines between art and reality.
- The Faerie Lights – A traveler rests in a haunted wood at his own peril.
- The October Man – After a romantic encounter with a mysterious stranger, a woman realizes she was given a curse that manifests each October.
STAY TUNED TO THIS BLOG AND THE DEVIL’S PARTY PRESS WEBSITE FOR SNEAK PREVIEWS, PROMOTIONAL VIDEOS, AND OTHER NEWS RELATING TO THE RISE OF THE PUMPKIN KING!
One thought on “Coming This Fall! The Pumpkin King: A new collection of horror tales by R. David Fulcher”
Sounds super awesome!
LikeLiked by 1 person